Animal Control

Kitsap Humane Society’s Animal Control Department provides contracted services to the following municipalities:

  • Unincorporated Kitsap County
  • Bainbridge Island
  • Bremerton
  • Port Orchard
  • Poulsbo


To report an incident or file a complaint involving a domestic animal, call 911.

Animal Control Services include:

  • Code enforcement for animal issues including animals running at large, unlawful feeding and dangerous animals
  • 24/7 emergency call response
  • Animal cruelty investigations
  • Assistance to fire, medical and police
  • Removal of loose livestock from roads
  • Small to large disaster planning/response
  • Animal noise complaints. Barking and animal noise complaints are handled differently by each municipality within Kitsap County. You will need to fully complete a Barking Ledger for your address’ jurisdiction. Barking Ledgers for the cities of Bainbridge Island, Bremerton , Port Orchard ,  Poulsbo and areas in Unincorporated Kitsap County are submitted directly to Animal Control.
Kitsap Animal Rescue and Enforcement does NOT handle the following:
  • Reports for injured or orphaned wildlife. All wildlife inquiries are handled by West Sound Wildlife Shelter, (206) 855-9057.
  • Removal of dead wildlife from roadways-
    • Kitsap County roads: KC Sheriff’s Department (360) 337-7101
    • State roads and highways: WA State Patrol, (360) 473-0300
    • Bainbridge Island: BI Police Department, (206) 842-5211



Kitsap Humane Society’s Kitsap Animal Rescue and Enforcement Department only investigates domesticated/companion animal issues*.

All inquiries regarding injured wildlife or wildlife issues in Kitsap County are handled by the West Sound Wildlife Shelter:

(206) 855-9057 (Wildlife Hospital & Hotline)

7501 NE Dolphin Drive, Bainbridge Island, WA 98110

* Kitsap Animal Rescue and Enforcement does investigate cases regarding the keeping and or possession of wildlife in Kitsap County. Substantiated cases are then forwarded to the proper authorities for further enforcement or prosecution. If you think you know who may be keeping wildlife without proper authority, contact the Washington State Wildlife Enforcement Department.