The best way to view our large selection of adoptable pets is to visit the shelter in person, during adoption hours, shown below. You can also view pets available for adoption below, here on our website , or on Adopt a Pet or Petfinder.
While we do our best to update the availability of our adoptable pets on these sites, we can’t guarantee that specific animals listed on our website will still be available by the time you visit our shelter. The best way to see every available pet, including new arrivals, is to visit the shelter in person.
Don’t see your perfect match? Check back frequently – new pets become available for adoption every day.
Choosing the Right Pet:
Adopting a new pet is a big decision, so it’s important to think about what you’re looking for. KHS Adoption Counselors will help you choose the right pet for your lifestyle. To help us get a better idea of the ideal pet for your family, please come prepared to talk about:
- Any size or breed restrictions per your landlord or home owner’s insurance
- How much time you have for exercise or training
- How much time your new pet will stay alone
- What energy level you are able to handle
- What personality traits you are looking for
- Whether your new pet will be spending time with children, lots of strangers, or other animals