- Adoption Guide
- Available Pets
- Pet Adoption Specials
- Pet Loss
- Lost & Found Pets
- Low Cost Spay & Neuter
- Microchip Clinics
- Vet Services/Info
- Surrendering Your Pet
- Barn Cat Program
- Community Cats
- Jimmy's Fund
- rescue & enforcement
- About Us
You Can Help Save Lives!
A message from Dr. Jen Stonequist, Director of Shelter Medicine
Dear Kitsap Humane Society friend and supporter,
The holidays are upon us and the year is quickly coming to a close. We have many things to be thankful for in our lives and here at KHS we are very proud to note our many accomplishments over the past year:
- We have already spayed/neutered more than 3,500 animals this year - a 40% increase over last year
- We have successfully rehomed nearly 4,000 animals from our shelter
- Our euthanasia rate is at an all-time low of 6% which is far below national averages
You can help us continue to make a difference in animals' lives by donating here.
We are very thankful that we have a loving, caring and professional staff that embodies the mission of KHS to provide a positive life-changing solution to people and companion animals. But there is so much more we want to accomplish in the coming years; things like:
- enhancing our animal behavior programs
- reaching out to more pets in our low-income communities who are in need of spay/neuter services
- expanding the level of medical care we are able to provide to our shelter pets
- offering more educational opportunities and classes to our community and continuing to ensure our community's homeless pets receive the best care possible
Each and every day I get to see the homeless pets who come to our shelter. Some need life-saving surgery, some simply need to be spayed or neutered ... but all of them need homes. This takes people like you, heroes in our community, who are willing to support our efforts.
Please join me, our board and our staff in helping those who need us most. If you haven't already done so, please consider a generous gift to Kitsap Humane Society before the end of this year. If you have already given - THANK YOU.
To make a gift, simply click here. Your gift will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much,
Dr. Jen Stonequist
Director of Shelter Medicine