Animal Control

Kitsap Humane Society’s Kitsap Animal Rescue and Enforcement Department provides contracted Animal Control Services to the following municipalities:

  • Unincorporated Kitsap County
  • Bainbridge Island
  • Poulsbo
  • Bremerton
  • Port Orchard


To report an incident or file a complaint involving a domestic animal, call 911.

Animal Control Services include:

  • Code enforcement* for animal issues including animals running at large, unlawful feeding and dangerous animals
  • 24/7 emergency call response
  • Animal cruelty investigations
  • Assistance to fire, medical and police
  • Removal of loose livestock from roads
  • Small to large disaster planning/response


Kitsap Animal Rescue and Enforcement does NOT handle the following:
  • Reports for injured or orphaned wildlife. All wildlife inquiries are handled by West Sound Wildlife Shelter, (206) 855-9057.
  • Removal of dead wildlife from roadways Kitsap County roads: Kitsap County Sheriff’s Department State roads and highways: WA State Patrol, (360) 473-0113
  • Bainbridge Island: BI Police Department, (206) 842-5211
  • Animal Noise Complaints for unincorporated Kitsap County:
    To file an Animal Noise Complaint in the unincorporated areas of Kitsap County you must call (360) 337-5777.



Kitsap Humane Society’s Kitsap Animal Rescue and Enforcement Department only investigates domesticated/companion animal issues*.

All inquiries regarding injured wildlife or wildlife issues in Kitsap County are handled by the West Sound Wildlife Center:

(206) 855-9057 (Wildlife Hospital & Hotline)

7501 NE Dolphin Drive, Bainbridge Island, WA 98110

* Kitsap Animal Rescue and Enforcement does investigate cases regarding the keeping and or possession of wildlife in Kitsap County. Substantiated cases are then forwarded to the proper authorities for further enforcement or prosecution. If you think you know who may be keeping wildlife without proper authority, contact the Washington State Wildlife Enforcement Department.