- Adoption Guide
- Available Pets
- Pet Adoption Specials
- Pet Loss
- Looking for a lost pet?
- Low Cost Spay & Neuter
- Microchip Clinics
- Vet Services/Info
- Surrendering Your Pet
- Barn Cat Program
- Community Cats
- Jimmy's Fund
- rescue & enforcement
- Shelter Tours
- About Us
We are excited to coordinate opportunities for Delta Society Pet Partners training in the Kitsap area. The Delta Society is a national non-profit organization that trains humans and their pets to serve in assisted-living, hospitals, schools, and other settings. They believe in the special bond between humans and pets and at Kitsap Humane Society, we realize the potential to reach out and serve the community with this program.
Please stay tuned for upcoming classes!
Becoming a registered Pet Partner is a commitment. Pet Partners must pass a screening and evaluation prior to beginning visits. All details and requirements can be found on-line at www.deltasociety.org and if you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact the Volunteer Department at email@example.com.
For more than 20 years KHS has provided animal-assisted visits from volunteers to nearly 20 local residential, healthcare, and educational settings. We recently transitioned to the Delta Society Pet Partners program out of a growing need for finding pets that are the right fit for visits such as these. Currently, KHS is seeking volunteers in the area interested in training as a Pet Partner and joining our KHS Pet Partners community.
Top 5 Reasons to become a KHS volunteer AND Delta Society Pet Partner
1. You and your pet will make a positive difference in the day of each resident, patient, and person you visit!
2. Volunteering as a Pet Partner with KHS provides you with easy access to a list of visiting sites already familiar with Delta Society and eager for animal visits.
3. You'll join a volunteer community that can provide support and assist you with visits.
4. You'll have access to supplemental training activities for you and your pet through KHS.
5. Become a part of a local organization with long-standing dedication to serving the Kitsap community!
- What are Animal Assisted Activites & Therapy?
- Delta Pet Partners Pre-requisites List
- How to Become a Pet Partner