- Adoption Guide
- Available Pets
- Pet Adoption Specials
- Pet Loss
- Looking for a lost pet?
- Low Cost Spay & Neuter
- Microchip Clinics
- Our Vet Partners
- Surrendering Your Pet
- Barn Cat Program
- Community Resources
- Feral Colonies / Community Cats
- Jimmy's Fund
- rescue & enforcement
- Shelter Tours
- About Us
Kitsap Humane Society always accepts employment applications. Kitsap Humane Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes job applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or disability.
Marketing & Communications Director
Kitsap Humane Society
KHS seeks to hire a 0.75 FTE Marketing/Communications Director to take the lead on hands-on creation and execution of all elements of a marketing and communication strategy which will advance public awareness of KHS’ mission at the local and regional level, drive revenue growth of shelter programs, and elevate KHS fundraising programs. Ideal candidate will have a sincere commitment to working collaboratively with a range of constituent groups, including staff, trustees, volunteers and program partners. Candidate will also demonstrate a strong passion for animals and KHS’ animal welfare mission. This position reports to the Executive Director, with additional accountability to KHS shelter and fundraising leadership.
- Develop and implement the overall Marketing strategy and plans for KHS
- Develop and produce collateral materials to support KHS fundraising programs.
- Develop and produce promotional and collateral materials to support KHS shelter programs
- Oversee marketing to help grow KHS’ pet licensing program
- Serve on the Development Committee of KHS’ Board
- Serve as an ambassador for KHS.
- Oversee coordination of KHS monthly communication calendar.
- Manage/ Direct/ Coordinate all social media initiatives:
- Provide oversight of website:
- Serve as strategic lead for KHS’ electronic newsletter, Shelter Tails.
- Serve as a primary media contact person for KHS
- Provide supervision, strategic direction and support to KHS’ Events Manager and Marketing Associate
- Develop and implement plans for marketing and promotion of all KHS events
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, marketing, nonprofit administration or related field.
- Five or more years experience in marketing
- Strategic thinker
- Team player, strong collaboration, communications and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent desk-top publishing/design skills
- Able to respond in immediacy of situation – ‘can do’ attitude
- Excellent creative writing skills
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
- 30 hours/week – should be on site 5 or 4 days per week
- Three weeks paid vacation, holidays off
- Health benefits available
- Salary negotiable
Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com Cover letter needs to speak clearly and thoroughly about how the candidate’s background and experience qualifies him or her for this position.
Janitorial/Light Maintenance Person
Job Announcement Summary:
KHS is in need of a part-time janitorial/light maintenance person to service the facilities requirements of our organization. This position is respnsible for keeping our facilities (not including animal kennels) in a clean, sanitary and presentable appearance on a daily basis.
Kitsap Humane Society (KHS) is a progressive animal welfare shelter whose mission is to rescue, rehabilitate and rehome homeless animals. We are committed to an open admissions policy, animal rehabilitation and a low euthanasia rate.
- Cleans, sweeps, mops, scrubs, waxes, and polishes floors by hand or machine; cleans carpet, upholstery and furniture.
- Washes windows, screens, sills, woodwork, doors, desks, walls, and ceilings.
- Cleans and sanitizes rest rooms, dusts and vacuums rooms, locks and unlocks doors; moves equipment and furniture.
- Collects and disposes of waste, shovels snow, maintains outside sidewalks, and assists in keeping outside premises in an orderly condition.
- Mows and fertilizes lawn, plants and maintains flower beds, irrigates and maintains irrigation system. Trims trees and sprays for insects.
- Setting up and taking down tables and chairs for classes and programs.
- Communicates on a regular basis with the Operations Manager regarding issues, prioritization of tasks, and repair and maintenance that could require outside contractors
- Performs related work as required.
One (1) year experience in custodial activity as related to job duties outlined above.
· Ability to push 100 pounds (equipment carts and such)
· Ability to lift 50 pounds (trash, supplies, equipment, building supplies, etc.)
· Bending at the waist, sitting, kneeling, laying horizontally, climbing, walking, etc., as job may require
· Ability to climb a ladder and step ladder
· Work involves moderate to heavy work in all types of weather
· Must be able to endure physical exertion for several hours at a time
· Must be able to crawl into small spaces (e.g. attics, crawl spaces)
· Safely use manual tools and power equipment common in janitorial/maintenance
· 20 hours per week
· Approximately 4 hours per day, 5 days per week, preferably mornings
· May not combine this position with any other position at KHS
Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Cover letter needs to speak clearly and thoroughly about how the candidate’s background and experience makes him or her strong candidate for this position.
Are you an Olympic College student who would like to gain job experience at KHS? Click here to find out more about internship opportunities for OC students.