- Adoption Guide
- Available Pets
- Pet Adoption Specials
- Pet Loss
- Looking for a lost pet?
- Low Cost Spay & Neuter
- Microchip Clinics
- Our Vet Partners
- Surrendering Your Pet
- Barn Cat Program
- Community Cats
- Community Resources
- Jimmy's Fund
- rescue & enforcement
- Shelter Tours
- About Us
KHS Volunteer Orientations & Canine 101/Feline 101 Classes
- Orientation lasts approx. 1 hour
- Canine 101/Feline 101 is held immediately after Orientation and lasts approx. 1 hour
- Canine 101 is held in the Training Center (large, barn-like building at the South end of the property)
- Feline 101 is held in the Annex (small building located between the main shelter building and the Training Center)
- Sunday, August 10th @ 3:00pm
- Wednesday, August 27th @ 5:00pm
- Sunday, September 14th @ 3:00pm
- Wednesday, September 24th @ 5:00pm
Dogs don't speak English- they speak "Doglish"! Do you?
If not, you are missing vital information about your dog's health, personal likes/dislikes, comfort levels and fears.
This fun and informative session will teach even the most seasoned dog parent things they didn't know or understand about canine communication and behavior.
This class is open to both KHS volunteers and the public.
Limit: 25 people, no dogs
- Wednesday, August 20th @ 6:00pm
- Thursday, September 18th @ 6:00pm